Recruiting Assistant, Driver Hiring Center
Posted on: October 23, 2019
The Recruiting Assistant - Driver Hiring Center will primarily
support processes around driver candidate sourcing, application
screening, and process expediting. In this hourly role, you will
source candidates using company and
external resume databases, make outbound calls to potential
candidates to explore current interest. Upon finding candidates,
you will contacting candidates via phone and email to inform them
of driving opportunities at Penske, then
conduct a brief phone screening for candidate interest and capture
basic qualification in our candidate lead system. This role may
also provide new account administrative support and data
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about discussing
driving careers and building relationships over the phone, have
high energy and a positive attitude, and who have an attention to
detail and capacity to deliver results. You will also need to work
a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
Qualified candidates for this role will have prior experience with
either recruiting or a strong demonstration of customer service,
including issue resolution and strong follow-up. In this role you
will need to be proficient in the use
of technology, being able to capture candidate information via
phone while managing multiple screen computer applications. An
Associate's degree is required and Bachelor's degree preferred.
Bilingual Spanish or French candidates are also strongly preferred
as our operations supports geographies across the United States and
- Upon direction from a member of Penske's Staffing team, search
for new candidates matching the provided job description.
- Screens resumes from databases and applications from Penske's
Taleo system to identify candidates meeting minimum
- Utilizes resume databases to identify potential candidates,
engaging them in outreach.
- May conduct brief phone screenings.
- May schedule candidate interviews with Driver Hiring
- Maintains accurate records on applicant status and provides
timely responses to all applicants.
- May assist in providing offer letters and
initiating/communicating the background screening process for
- May support company-wide driver recruiting programs (800#
contacts, daily email requests, CDL driver email box, and external
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Associate's degree equivalent from two-year college or technical
school; or minimum one year related experience required.
- Prior demonstrated high-touch customer service and follow-up
- Candidates with prior CDL driver recruiting/ recruiting support
highly preferred, other general recruiting support will be
- Prior Taleo or other applicant tracking system experience highly
- Prior experience in mining candidate resume databases and phone
screening applicants is highly preferred.
- Bilingual, fluent English/Spanish written and verbal
communication a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have
knowledge of Word and Excel, and must be internet savvy.
- A sense of humor is helpful, as this can be a stressful job with
competing priorities at any given time.
- Qualified candidates must be effective communicators who are not
afraid of the phone.
- Candidates who are highly technically savvy (internet, cloud base
applications, good with internet data research, cell phone/text
messaging, etc.) are highly preferred.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Vineland , Recruiting Assistant, Driver Hiring Center, Professions , Reading, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!