Healthcare Construction Project Manager
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Job Summary The Project Manager will be involved in the management of projects/programs for healthcare clients as directed by senior leadership. Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.* Assists in all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for facility projects including planning, construction, occupancy and closeout.
* Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting facility projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
* Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
* Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
* Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
* Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
* Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
* Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
* Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
* Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
* Assist with the preparation, development and maintenance of the Master Program Budget and Schedule; coordinate with project teams to ensure timely delivery; and prepare monthly Project Status Reports for each assigned project among other responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
Healthcare Industry Knowledge, Important Real Estate Understanding The following statements represent targeted healthcare industry knowledge and important real estate understanding that will be important to successfully integrating into the team. This knowledge is deemed to be important to enhance the credibility of the professional and team in their engagement with the client.* Understanding of the challenges, differences and specialized tasks of a healthcare project (inpatient hospital or multi-specialty ambulatory care, not medical office) vs projects in other industry sectors. Specialized tasks In addition to Essential Responsibilities above include the following:* Working with user to develop programming and planning* Vendor award, management, coordination and installation of specialized medical equipment* Coordination and oversight of site logistics, Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA), Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)* Oversight of the facility activation* Oversight of Regulatory and other entitlements including Department of Health (DOH) Certificate of Need (CON) preparation and pre-occupancy survey in DOH states* General understanding of the complex infrastructure and low voltage requirements of a healthcare facility and the impacts of working in such systems in an active facility.* Basic understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry including knowledge of the healthcare industry divisions (outpatient, acute, post-acute and senior living) and facility differences and trends (patient centered care, sustainability, operational efficiency, departmental adjacencies, etc).* Basic understanding of real estate structuring, real estate documents, key deal terms (levers), and negotiation processes that occur in finalizing a real estate transaction.* Develop a general understanding of CBRE Healthcare, the services we offer, the clients we serve and the value we provide. General Background and Minimum Requirements* Required Education - Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year program (Project Management - architecture, engineering, building construction).
* Preferred Education - Master's Degree from an accredited program (Business Administration - real estate; Project Management - architecture, engineering, building construction, real estate development).* Work Experience - 3 - 5 years of practical work experience in healthcare construction or project management is preferred.* Communication - excellent oral presentation Communication - excellent oral presentation and written skills.
* Interpersonal - able to work well with others and participate as a team player.
* Goal Oriented - able to set goals and achieve them.
* Organizational Ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and ensure quality of work.
* Computer Skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook - mandatory. Microsoft Project and AutoCad - preferable. Web-based project management system software experience preferable.
\n\nQUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum four years of related experience and/or training. CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred. COMMUNICATION SKILLS Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis. REASONING ABILITY Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Keywords: CBRE, Vineland , Healthcare Construction Project Manager, Professions , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!