Posted on: January 18, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
The Production Mechanic troubleshoots equipment problems and
perform immediate repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
by identifying and providing solutions for problems that occur in
equipment and processes.
• Overhauls and installs new equipment, including programmable
logic, refrigeration control, and packaging program equipment.
• Rebuilds and fabricates parts as needed or as required. Escalates
to management if unable or lacking necessary replacements.
• Performs regular and as needed equipment maintenance while
maintaining a clean and safe work area.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems and performs immediate
• Schedules and conducts preventive maintenance.
• Generates parts request to ensure adequate inventory, and
generates and completes work orders as assigned.
• Creates work orders and completes work assignments in a Computer
Maintenance Management system (CMMS).
• Performs equipment change-overs and production line set ups as
needed or as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned, as needed, or as directed.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One (1) to three (3) years industrial maintenance or related work
experience, including 1+ years of mechanical/electrical
• Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment.
• Experience in a production environment with automated packaging
• Experience in warehouse or with automated warehouse equipment
• Prior diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Demonstrated communication skills that enable efficient
description of issues that are causing reduced flow or throughput
across power conveyor or automated equipment in their work
• Ability to engage with teammates and co-workers and ability to
master and execute multiple tasks and / or work at more than one
work area during the day as the business needs dictate.
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer Warehouse Management System(s)
and related components, such as Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or
stand-up lift truck, RC, VoCollect Technology.
• Demonstrated knowledge of automated packaging equipment,
including weighers or scales, baggers, case packers, palletizers,
check weighers, box flippers, diverters, and conveyor systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management systems
• Must be able to work independently.
• Ability to recognize, acknowledge and correctly react to basic
information or input correct basic information into user interfaces
to enable safe and efficient product flow across the automation
• Comfortable working around conveyance and automated equipment in
a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be cross trained into multiple areas of the
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details.
• May work overtime, evenings, weekends, and some holidays in order
to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Regular work duties will be performed in an environment at 38
• Limited exposure to a working environment with temperatures of
-10 degrees to -20 degrees; industry rated cold gear will be
• Ability to stack boxes within an automated work environment for
an extended period.
• Must be able to lift 70 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which
include: Working in temperature regulated areas, climbing stairs,
ladders and crossovers and being on your feet most of the
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Americold, Vineland , Production Mechanic, Professions , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!