Company: DS Smith
Posted on: June 19, 2022
- The site Plant Manager manages the site with a strong focus on
Operational Effectiveness with the ability to develop a strategic
long term vision for the plant and the business.
- The Plant Manager is part of the Business Unit Leadership team
and ensures that the business unit, as a whole, delivers against
cost and operating targets.
- Manages and develops the site Leadership Team to demonstrate DS
Smith Management Standards and Core Values.
- Works with a number of different business unit and Packaging
Stakeholders to ensure the site delivers against the targets
- In addition, the Plant Manager represents the site internally
- Providing inspirational leadership with a focus on driving for
results and building engagement.
- Responsible for oversight of all operations including
Production, Maintenance, Safety, Quality, Shipping, Logistics and
- Lead monthly operational financial reporting and forecasting,
budget planning and capital improvements.
- The role works collaboratively with all departments to increase
productivity and profitability.
- Follows and contributes to DS Smith's sustainability
- Drive for continuous improvement and process optimization. Key
Attributes 1. Proven ability to make decisions.2. Strong experience
in building a culture of engagement and performance improvement.3.
Excellent communication skills.4. Strong delegation skills.5.
Demonstrate an Inspirational leadership approach to leading
others.6. Track record of making decisions even when outside area
of expertise.7. Must have high capacity to manage multiple
priorities with a high balance of emotional control. Areas of
Responsibility Key Accountabilities Leadership
- Develop a highly effective site leadership team and provide
exemplary leadership to employees in the achievement of the
operations through people.
- Lead by demonstrating our values and management standards and
holding others accountable for results.
- Ensure that a culture of employee engagement is embedded on
- Builds a culture focused on high performance, engagement that
embodies the DS Smith culture. Management
- Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day
operations on site in accordance with the North America and
business unit business plan overseeing the day to day operations to
exceed the customer expectations.
- Lead with integrity throughout the operation in accordance with
the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Proven leadership and coaching expertise.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated experience motivating and developing talent.
- Strong culture development and change abilities.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills that builds consensus
through inspiration. Delivery
- Deliver superior On Time in Full (OTIF) performance from the
- Minimal waste ensuring excellent raw material yield.
- A right first-time culture with a low defect parts per million
- Oversee equipment purchasing, building preparation,
installation and implementation of new equipment.
- Proven ability to operate with diplomacy in negotiations and
conflict resolution. Strategy --- Implement strategies at a site
level in line with the North America and UK group strategic
initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
through the site management team. --- Implement cost reduction
programs and production efficiency programs. People --- Work in
partnership with functional HR team to address employee issues and
administer collective bargaining agreements etc. --- Lead and
develop managers and supervisors to create a high performing
environment. --- Create synergy to foster closer working
relationships and strong communications at the location and through
collaborating with regional and group resources. --- Taking active
role in interviewing, hiring, developing employees; planning,
assigning and directing work; performance manager, rewards and
recognition to include addressing complaints and resolving issues.
H&S --- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment on Site
maintaining world class standards and driving regional and global
safety initiatives. Continuous Improvement --- Create an
environment of continuous improvement across the whole facility.
--- Asset excellence with operations improvement initiatives. ---
Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity
and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective
return on assets. --- Responsible for minimizing machine downtime
via programs and pro-active maintenance in collaborating with
Maintenance and Engineering resources. Financial
- Disciplined cost control maximizing investment
- Control working capital to targeted level.
- Commercially proficient in realizing value enhancement
opportunities. Increasing production, assets capacity and
flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining
current quality. Education & Certifications --- College Degree
Preferred --- Knowledge of Financial Management and Commercial
awareness Job Specific Technical Requirements --- Strong
understanding of lean process and experience in a manufacturing
environment. --- Expertise in developing and initiating continuous
improvement and added value enhancement. --- Principles of
Strategic Planning and resource allocation, coaching and leadership
techniques, employee engagement. --- Strong change leadership
experience. --- Excellent communications both written and oral ---
Deep financial acumen skill sets --- Travel up to 25%-35%.
Experience --- Substantial previous experience in a similar
position. --- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and
be highly visible in the Operation. --- Experience of working in an
organization with multi-site, multi-national manufacturing
footprint. --- Proven track record of success.
Keywords: DS Smith, Vineland , Plant Manager, Professions , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!