Posted on: June 15, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, cleans and sanitizes food handling,
packaging, storage, and processing facilities and equipment, to
meet quality control, food safety, and bacterial control standards.
Ensures sanitation, cleanliness, and order of warehouse, dock
areas, buildings, break rooms, bathrooms, yard/ground, parking
• Use chemical agents, high-pressure hoses, and other
sanitizing/cleaning equipment and supplies to clean and sanitize
facility work areas and equipment
• Prepare cleaning chemicals, sanitizers, and chemical
• Handle and store chemical agents and cleaning and sanitizing
equipment and supplies to meet applicable standards
• Manage chemical accidents
• Keep company grounds free of litter, debris, and hazards
• Observe all safety requirements and report hazards to shift
• Comply with applicable standards, such as OSHA, FDA, USDA, and
• May be required to ensure that pest control systems are operating
effectively and report any problems to supervisor.
• May be required to wash and/or sweep insides of trailers and/or
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred,
or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
• Ability to solve routine problems.
• Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure
manuals, and diagrams.
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment
• Knowledge of safe use of cleaning chemicals
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of cleaning procedures and janitorial techniques
• Ability to work independently
• May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete
work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and
receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without
exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring
reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with
others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a
• May be required to use cleaning equipment such as steamers, floor
scrubbers and carpet cleaners.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate
is frequently required to use hands to handle objects; talk or
hear; stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The associate is frequently
exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the warehouse is
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Vineland , Sanitation Associate, Professions , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!