94F Special Electronic Devices Repairer - Vineland
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: January 5, 2019
94F Special Electronic Devices Repairer
Job ID: 1056715
Job Views: 11
Location: VINELAND, New Jersey, United States
ZIP Code: 08360
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
The Army National Guard utilizes many forms of sophisticated equipment on and off the field. As a Special Electronic Devices Repairer, you will ensure that vital instruments and tools are meticulously maintained and operational. This includes night vision equipment, electronic distance and azimuth-orienting devices, battlefield illumination devices, nuclear, biological, and chemical warning and measuring devices, and others.
Specific duties of the Special Electronic Devices Repairer include: testing instruments, navigational controls, and simulators; reading technical diagrams and manuals; replacing parts; ensuring quality control measures; and troubleshooting and inspecting equipment. Advanced level Special Electronic Devices Repairers are expected to supervise and train other Soldiers in the craft.
* Interest in mathematics, solving problems, and electronic equipment repair
* Strong attention to detail
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with the Federal Aviation Administration, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, or the National Weather Service.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Special Electronic Devices Repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you learn basic Soldiering skills. Advanced Individual Training consists of 25 weeks of training. Training is spent in a classroom, practicing on equipment, and in the field under simulated combat conditions.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Vineland , 94F Special Electronic Devices Repairer - Vineland, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!