Heavy Equipment Operator
Posted on: November 13, 2023
Description JOB SUMMARY
Performs various project work which requires safely operating
vehicles and a variety of heavy/agricultural equipment that may
include, but not limited to; front end loader, belt press,
centrifuge, dredger, spreader box, excavator, terragator, and road
- Safely and efficiently operate all assigned equipment,
including but not limited JD 644J, 744J, 824J and/or 300D vehicles
and other ancillary site equipment...
- Responsible for conducting daily pre-operational inspections
and completion of equipment log books while documenting any
equipment malfunctions or unsafe conditions.
- Required to maintain record of operation including, but not
limited to, daily operating data and abnormal conditions.
- Ensures that the operation of the equipment meets or exceeds
contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Performs preventive maintenance of equipment in accordance with
manufacturers O&M manuals and company sops.
- Assist where necessary to support facility maintenance
activities including preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Perform general assignments as necessary to ensure the safe,
clean and efficient operation of the area.
1. Communication skills - verbal and written
2. Ability to operate heavy or agricultural equipment in a safe
3. Ability to perform basic math
4. Efficiently operate and use smart phone
5. Mechanical and electrical aptitude
6. Ability to follow directions
7. Ability to travel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Valid Drivers' License
3. Minimum 2 years of project work experience preferred
4. Minimum 3 years commercial driving/heavy or agricultural
5. Safe driving record: No serious tickets or accidents in last 5
years or DWI/DUI in
last 10 years
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Sitting, Climbing, Balancing, Reaching, Standing, Walking,
Lifting up to 50 lbs., Talking, Hearing, and Seeing
2. The worker is subject to confined spaces
3. The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No
protection from weather
4. The worker is subject atmospheric conditions: One or more of the
conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes,
mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
5. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical
as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles,
working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or
6. This position requires travel and overtime
Salary Range: $25.00-$27.00 per hour (commensurate with
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and
physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only
those selected for interviews will be contacted. Qualifications
Education High School (preferred)
Keywords: Synagro, Vineland , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Millville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!