Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Learn to provide the best patient experience through assisting
the pharmacist and pharmacy team members in accordance with state
and federal regulations.
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and
drug information and process prescriptions.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
- Learns and champions pharmacy policy, procedures, and customer
service best practices needed to perform as a future pharmacist.Job
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Develops strong relationships with customers.Operations
- Learn from store and pharmacy team members, field leadership,
team members and customers/patients
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice
of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of
- Performs duties as assigned and supervised by the pharmacist in
accordance with Walgreens standard operating procedures for
entering, third party processing, filling, and dispensing
- Assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in
delivering patient care and services that are within the state
scope of practice for pharmacy interns including patient counseling
and other health services (i.e. blood pressure, medication therapy
- Immediately reports prescription errors to pharmacist on duty
and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to
pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales
on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention
of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory
management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and
storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company
asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse
overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages
(merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged
goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the
Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat
and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Complete special assignments and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Complete required training
- Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy,
including latest news and developments.Auto req ID
External Basic Qualifications
- Are you a current student enrolled in an accredited school of
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
(Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including
evening and weekend hours.Employment Type
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions
accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing
medications.The following information is applicable for San
Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the
available benefits and salary available for this position by
clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide
applicants in other states with information related to the
position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling
1015 N MAIN RD,VINELAND,NJ,08360-02538-10910-S
734-SOMERS POINT NJ
Full District Office Address
425 NEW ROAD,SOMERS POINT,NJ,08244
Keywords: Walgreens, Vineland , Pharmacy Intern, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!