Company: SP Industries
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Are you looking to kick start your career in the field of glass
manufacturing? How about working for a fast-growing organization
with multiple doors to further your success? This is not just a
job; we offer CAREERS that can push you towards a bright
SP Industries is expanding our team and have immediate openings
Machine Operators - 1st Shift!
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Enjoy a steady work schedule Monday thru Friday with generous
time off and 10 paid holidays throughout the year.
* Opportunities for advancement for those that are up for a
* Build your skills while working with state-of-the-art
* Plan for your future with a generous 401k package and benefits to
meet all your needs.
* On the job training!
* Competitive compensation package.
* A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life,
Health, Dental, Vision
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Interpret engineering blueprints
* Keep inventory of parts and tools used in assembly process
* Maintain tools used to create products
* Follow company procedures and directives.
* Good Communication skill
* Basic computer skills
* Good Visual ability to see small parts
* To Stand, or sit for long periods of time
* Able to lift heavy objects
* Team player
* Dependable and Reliable
* To be able to work on their own at times
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* High School Diploma or GED
* To be able to follow technical instructions
* Prior experience working in a team oriented environment
* 2-5 years of glass experience preferred
* Appropriate hand and eye coordination
* Ability to read blueprints in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach
with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move from 25 to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job for purposes of machine
operation and product inspection include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of
those an employee might encounter while performing the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
* The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high
* The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing
protection in some areas.
* The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our
customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them
well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to
join the SP Team.
* We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality scientific
products that improve people's lives
* We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
* We respect each other and foster a collaboration work
* We innovate and are open to change.
* We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
* WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually
impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative
action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy
to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment
opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry,
national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification,
sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief,
pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran
or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's
Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and
may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information
Keywords: SP Industries, Vineland , Assembler I, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!