Shift Leaders have the opportunity to make bonus each month.
They are eligible for paid time off as well as receive short term
The Shift Manager (SM) is an hourly position that serves to
assist management in routine administrative and operational tasks
within the restaurant. Focal points include:
- Driving excellence in customer service
- Maintaining company standards in product and facility
- Reviewing food handling procedures
- Assessing operational processes
- The human resources responsibilities of a Shift Manager are
limited to crew training and ongoing coaching and feedback for
hourly employees. In addition, the Shift Manager may assume full
responsibility for the opening and closing of the restaurant when
management is unavailable. In these instances, the Shift Manager
maintains administrative control of the restaurant but is not
authorized to serve in a managerial capacity.
Customer Satisfaction/Product Quality
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations and
ensure products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Conducts periodic food safety audits.
- Provides on-going coaching and feedback to crew on customer
service, product quality and speed of service.
- Shares with the Assistant Manager day-to-day responsibility for
cash procedures such as bank deposits, making change,
opening/closing safe and verifying drawers.
- Conducts daily inventory, completes shift-to-shift food safety
audit and sets up daily control sheets.
- Reviews facility and equipment readiness.
- Monitors inventory, food preparation and order fulfillment on a
daily basis to ensure adherence to company standards.
- Monitors speed with service (SWS) performance and resolves
bottlenecks to achieve SWS goals.
- In the absence of management, responsible for food and supplies
deliveries and restaurant opening and closing.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback for crew employees.
- Provides "hands-on" training for crew in Learning Zone.
- Posts safety awareness documentation.
- Shift/Weekly restaurant performance in sales, labor, ICOS and
- PRC results and OSAT scores, food safety, financial audits
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Delivers Excellence in Customer Service
Is fully aware of customer needs and ensures that they receive
quality products and service. Ensures work is to the correct
standard. Possesses extremely high standards of product quality and
speed of service and constantly monitors performance against those
standards. Possesses a strong eye for detail and cleanliness.
Presents a positive image through tidy and professional appearance
of self and other employees. Interacts with customers in a highly
effective and proactive manner. Consistently seeks to improve the
customer experience. Demonstrates and emphasizes to others the
importance of a winning customer experience. Uses customer feedback
tools and techniques in making decisions and improving restaurant
Technically proficient in all aspects of food preparation,
production and delivery. Displays detailed knowledge of all key
food handling/food safety procedures. Familiar with basic
restaurant equipment troubleshooting. Displays detailed knowledge
of all company product standards.
Educational Attainment/Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Equifax clearance.
Work Hours: 3 - 10 hours
Days per Week: 5 days per week
Inside/Outside: 95% inside / 5% outside
Extreme Temperatures: Ambient, near ovens and stoves
Noise Level: Normal
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not
exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current
job. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description
and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances
of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload or technical development).
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not
Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee
will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business
owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary