Posted on: June 6, 2021
Glass is the ideal material for pharmaceutical applications.
With over 160 years of unparalleled glass expertise, Corning
Pharmaceutical Glass is uniquely suited to supply high-quality
pharmaceutical glass tubing to meet the rigorous needs of the
pharmaceutical packaging industry. Corning Pharmaceutical Glass
operations in the United States and Europe manufacture a variety of
clear and amber borosilicate glass tubing, which is converted by
our global customers into glass vials, cartridges, ampules and
syringes for drug storage and delivery.
- We identify process improvement, capacity, and cost reduction
projects based on process data.
- Lead electrical and controls scope of process performance
improvement (OEE), recipe management, and projects (Safety, Yield,
- Provide problem solving controls support for plant
- Document calibration and configuration procedures required to
allow production equipment to run efficiently within product
specifications. Work with and train maintenance and other support
personnel to improve troubleshooting skills plant-wide in a
- Operational Theory - Work toward fundamental understanding of
components in your area, detail this information, and share this
information with Process Engineering and Maintenance.
- Support the transfer of new tubing technology, materials, or
processes from development to production. Provide controls support
during product development, develop plans as to how the
equipment/processes will be employed into production and ensure
that the new technology is repeatable in a production environment
prior to transfer. Ensure all controls relevant documentation is
completed such as PM, calibration, and troubleshooting guides.
- In all work: i. Maintain and Practice Corning Values ii.
Consider safety implications in all decisions iii. Regularly review
and consider available process data iv. When applicable consider
input and review data with SMEs v. Make sound engineering; data
driven decisions vi. Communicate and document changes to enable
expedited future responses vii. Supervise the production
performances to ensure capability is maintained
Hours of work/work schedule:
- Nominal working hours are M - F, 8 AM - 5 PM. Travel: Less than
- Production support off hours as needed
Required Education and Years and Area of Experience:
- Associates Degree in Controls or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience working with PLCs / HMIs /
VFDs controlling process and automation equipment.
- Programming of Allen Bradley ControlLogix systems and
- Create, debug and modify PLC code - ladder logic, structured
text and function block diagram.
- Determine proactive safety measures for all equipment and
processes. Identify and accurately review potential safety or
environmental issues using NEC, NFPA, and other pertinent safety
codes. Ensure safety procedures, such as Lock-Out Tag-Out, are
followed at all times.
- Build and modify electrical drawings using AutoCAD Electrical
for systems changes including control panel layouts, component
documentation, and schematics. Review electrical drawing packages
for conformance to Corning standards.
- Essential knowledge and basic understanding in controls issues
utilizing sound troubleshooting skills.
- Executing project assignments, in a team-based environment,
with minimal direction and thoroughly carry out assignments to
- Solid understanding of controls equipment, networks, and
- Programming of HMI / SCADA systems in a plant environment
including higher level communications protocols - GE IFIX
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal
- Fundamental knowledge of 3 phase electrical systems,
machine/motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, VFD and
Servo programming, communication protocols, and practical
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply
This position does not support work authorization
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Keywords: Corning, Vineland , Controls Technician, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!