ShopRite - Grocery Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking
and rotating merchandise in the Grocery Department; to maintain a
neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other
tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead
racking and storage areas.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
- Maintain Unit Price Labels (tags) for all items, doing price
changes as required.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about locations of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Keep shelves and displays fully stocked and faced at all
- Follow all safety procedures relating to opening cartons and
proper rotation of product.
- Monitor Grocery storage area for cleanliness, neatness and
preparing for next shift (i.e. making bale, reclamation, plastic,
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company
policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable
items, and sell by date.
- Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product
in stock, including using handheld terminal.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately
advise Department Manager or Store Management of any maintenance or
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards, including
sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard as needed.
- Operate a baler or compactor.
- Be knowledgeable in the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to
manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of
all chemical products.
- Fully stock and rotate all merchandise in cases, shelves and
other applicable displays according to tag allocation and
- Unload and secure received product in appropriate storage areas
using power or hand jack, carts, U-boats or bossies as needed.
- Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Grocery Operations.
- Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to
- Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of
merchandise, and bad merchandise/spoilage write offs in accordance
with Company policies.
- Assist Department Manager as needed.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Grocery Operations.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Grocery Department
that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 60 lbs.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Stand in Grocery Department for duration of scheduled shift,
which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Vineland , ShopRite - Grocery Clerk, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!