Meat Manager Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Responsible for managing meat department operations, supervising
meat department team members, ensuring fulfillment of member
orders, maintaining proper inventory levels and merchandise
displays, complying with food safety and quality standards, and
achieving meat department sales, profitability and waste goals.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Provides a high level of customer service to members and
ensures fulfillment of member orders. Responds to member calls,
answers member questions and recommends meat items.
- Manages meat department operations and team members. Holds
department meetings to update team members on club policies and
procedures. Creates work schedules and recommends hiring, promotion
and separation of team members in the department.
- Responsible for compliance with safety, sanitation,
merchandising and food quality policies and regulations.
- Meets or exceeds all budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Receives and inspects meat shipments. Conducts meat inventories
and orders meat supplies as needed.
- Maintains a full variety of meat products according to
presentation guidelines and utilizes available product movement and
variety reporting and checklists.
- Ensures all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Maintains the proper rotation of meat products. Checks
for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product
salvage policies and procedures.
- Trains team members on standards of cutting, processing,
weighing, wrapping, receiving and rotating meat products.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Knowledge as a Qualified journeymen meat cutter preferred
- Formal food service vocational education preferred
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, deli, grocery, meat, and/or management experience is
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and an
attention to detail required.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Working in refrigerated and damp conditions (30-40
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. Regular
lifting of containers up to 80 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to operate safely power equipment and sharp
- Frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
- Long periods of standing with frequent reaching and
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Vineland , Meat Manager Job, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!