Cutter Operator - Full-time
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment
and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a
full range of options to produce personalized marketing products.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is
good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done -
something shared by everyone in the community we call
Quad.Guillotine Operators / Cutter Operators - Full-timeJob
Description -Quad, a global leader in the commercial printing and
direct marketing industry is seeking Guillotine Operators / Cutter
Operators to work in our rapidly expanding East Coast Print and
Commingling Supercenter in Westampton, NJ. -Full-time positions are
available on the following shifts: -2nd Shift: - 3:00 P.M. - 11:00
P.M. -These positions include the opportunity to learn the printing
process from the ground up and advance in a progressive
environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of
various well known Magazines/Catalogs/Direct Mail pieces and other
related products in either our Press, Finishing (Bindery) or
Commingling departments. Quad prides itself on having a "grow from
within" philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to
learn in their roles and grow within the company. -Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to: -Operate flat cutter to cut
unprinted stock for the press room and cutting stock after it is
printed, reviewing project ticket, and setting up according to work
instructions. - The operator will set up and run equipment in a
manner that meets or exceeds quality and productivity standards.
The ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical skills. -Duties
- Set up, operate and/or monitor cutter. -
- Make final pre-run inspection. Obtain final run approval from
supervisor or designated lead. -
- Accurately record shop floor data entries in a timely and
- Monitor and record final part count on project ticket. -
- Complete load tag to identify job and attach to load. -
- Deliver completed project to next operation. -
- Maintain established checkpoints and procedures throughout run.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance as required. -
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. -
- Maintain acceptable productivity standards while minimizing raw
- Perform additional duties as assigned.Qualifications -
- This is not an entry level opportunity. Applicant must have two
(2) or more years of experience setting up and operating flat
cutters. Please include a list of machines you have experience
operating on your application.
- Must possess the ability to produce quality work in a
fast-paced environment. - Attention to detail and problem-solving
skills are critical. Must be reliable and proactive.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to make and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. -
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Able to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, frequently
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
more than 70 pounds, standing long periods of time of up to 12
hours, perform repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere and use
vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime based on
business needs. - -Additional Company Information -We offer great
pay and excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k),
holidays, vacations paid meal breaks and more. -Quad/Graphics is an
equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not
to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the
basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status,
disability, genetic information or any other consideration made
unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company
also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories. -Drug Free Workplace -
Keywords: Quad, Vineland , Cutter Operator - Full-time, Other , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!