Sr. Telecom Engineer - HYBRID
Company: Exelon Services, Inc.
Location: Mays Landing
Posted on: September 15, 2023
We're powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we're calling all
problem solvers, innovators, community builders and change makers.
Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and
communities stronger, healthier and more resilient.
We're powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in
being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation,
integrity and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company,
19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at
six energy companiesAtlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and
Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light
(DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices,
fresh perspectives and bold thinking. And since we know
transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide
competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits and the
opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position reports into the Utility Communication (UComm)
Department in the Digital Organization to provide technical
expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions
related to the Cyber, Fiber Optics, Firewall, Real Time Networks,
SmartGrid, Transport (SONET/DWDM) and Wireless (RF) Communication
technologies supporting Exelon. Position will provide technical
leadership supporting the engineering, deployment, integration and
strategic strategy of high available telecommunications
technologies throughout the Exelon Companies in accordance with
established strategy and architecture, including leadership
supporting the migration away from legacy communications and
implementing secure IP based network infrastructure in the
substations throughout the Exelon in accordance with established
strategy, architecture, NERC/CIP requirements enabling application
communication. This role will work in collaboration with the
network team, their leadership, enterprise business partners,
vendors and project/design teams, in all aspects of the secure &
reliable transport of IP networks throughout Exelon's large &
complex enterprise and real time operational environments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and/or engineering support for
engineering, deployment and operation of IT solutions related to
the Cyber, Fiber Optics, Firewall, Real Time Networks, SmartGrid,
Transport (SONET/DWDM) and Wireless (RF) Communication technologies
supporting Exelon. Skills should include working knowledge of
routing and associated protocols that enable the individual to
independently perform network design and device configurations.
Ability to prepare and write design standards where none exists and
maintaining on-going configuration and maintenance of installed
- Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning
the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most
appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals based on the
Management Model. Ensure appropriate implementation and
optimization of resources aligned with approved standards and
architecture to meet the Utility Smart Grid application
- Maintain strong relationship working with the Utility business
implementing the fiber construction project and on-going
maintenance of fiber infrastructure. Interfacing with and managing
vendor partners supporting the construction of the fiber
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and
issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards
setting. Lead the development of Design Standards, white papers,
conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is
being recommended by IT.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own
discipline or function
- Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback,
and recognition as required.
- Maintains deep technical knowledge and broad understanding of
utility telecommunications devices tie together to form a cohesive
communications architecture including related networking
technologies across Exelon.
- Promotes knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications
within IT and Exelon
- Participates in technological innovation to drive new business
opportunities and solve complex business problems
- Supports Exelon policy, standards and governance while
designing solutions or solving issues.
- Works under minimal supervision. Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline and
5 8 years of relevant experience (telecommunication, electrical,
computer engineering and related communication technologies) or 9 -
12 equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to perform detailed telecommunication engineering
functions including network management platforms, inventory
management and documentation systems.
- Experience working in a substation environment including
detailed understanding of specific requirements and standards for
SCADA and system protection communications.
- Thorough understanding of OSI layers 1, 2 and 3 with emphasis
on layer 3 routing and addressing structure including BGP and ISIS
- Excellent communications skills- Able to effectively
communicate highly technical information in non-technical
terminology (written a verbal).
- Understanding of change management principles associated with
new technology implementations.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to develop a
comprehensive configuration management program for
- Understanding of project management principles PREFERRED
- Technical certification and or knowledge in Technical Area of
Specialty, where applicable, (fiber/wireless/networking) CCNA,
- Extensive Cisco, Nokia Checkpoint Firewall device management
- Detailed understanding of NERC/CIP security requirements.
- Drawing management programs such as Auto-Cad and MapInfo.
Keywords: Exelon Services, Inc., Vineland , Sr. Telecom Engineer - HYBRID, IT / Software / Systems , Mays Landing, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!