Company: F&S Produce Company Inc
Posted on: April 3, 2021
F&S Produce Company, Inc. is centrally located in Southern
New Jersey enabling access to an estimated 100 million consumers.
Our two facilities consist of over 650,000 square feet of
refrigerated and ambient production space and process over 150
million pounds of produce annually for our retail, food service,
and industrial customers across the United States. For the past 40
years, we've been perfecting our production and safety processes to
become the finest-quality provider of fresh-cut fruits and
vegetables, fresh foods, and frozen commodities in the Eastern
United States. As a leader and innovator within the industry, we've
delivered these principles to everything from restaurants and
convenience store chains to supermarket prepared food operations,
and numerous other high-volume food industries. F&S Produce
Company has cultivated a tradition of success through dedication
and innovation. If you would love to play a key role in laying the
foundation for cultivating the growth and development of our
greatest asset, our people, this opportunity may be for you. As a
member of our HR Team, the Training Specialist works directly with
our business and team members to develop and deliver effective,
engaging and valuable learning solutions across the company that
increases employee skill development and enhance performance. This
role follows the learning process end to end from program
development and design through facilitation and use of assessments
and measurement tools to quantify knowledge transfer. Using adult
learning principles and design techniques, the Training Specialist
develops learning materials that meet desired learning objectives
and uses these tools to help to develop technical, interpersonal
and management skills throughout the organization. This role
manages training records in the learning management system (LMS)
and supports employee engagement activities. The ideal candidate
will be motivated by the growth and development of others, be
perceptive and able to diagnose training gaps and be creative with
delivery methods that connect with and deliver the desired results
amongst a diverse group of learners. Principle Responsibilities
- Develop collaborative partnerships with department leadership
and HR teams.
- Work with business partners and SMEs to perform needs analysis,
develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet
learner development needs, stakeholder interests and organizational
- Develops, coordinates, schedules and maintains all training
courses and programs via a variety of channels including classroom,
e-learning, self-directed learning and on the job training.
- Develop assessment tools to measure and assess effectiveness of
the curriculum and learner performance in the workplace, integrate
results into new and existing course curriculum.
- Develops and creates training curriculum and materials and
maintains/updates library of training resources to align with
operational excellence and adult learning principles. Designs
training scenarios and updates training material and resources to
ensure that training is relevant to the production
- Reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed
curriculums and recommends changes to policies and procedures, as
applicable. Researches and evaluates training programs for internal
- Creates a training schedule that meets the needs of business.
Schedules and coordinates all classroom training with managers and
supervisors - schedules location, date/time, materials and
attendance. Manages training schedule, enrolment, and records in
the LMS (Paylocity). Order training supplies and materials, when
- Facilitate engaging presentations that contribute to business
impact. Teach instructional programs in accordance with training or
other course requirements and organize materials to be
- Collects, compiles reports and analyzes data including
attendance, compliance to training schedule, satisfaction and
evaluation results and use of new skills and knowledge data.
Evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions for business
impact and scalability. Makes recommendations to close any gaps
- Conducts ongoing needs analysis and tactfully identifying
opportunities for process improvements supported by comprehensive
and achievable plans for implementation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple projects with quick
- Constantly think of new ways to improve all things talent;
including but not limited to the employee experience, key talent
management practices, career development, leadership development,
continuous learning, performance management.
- Stays current with L&D Industry trends and best practices
to elevate learning programs.
- Supports HR engagement and other activities as assigned by
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Communication, Business or
related field from an accredited college or university or
equivalent experience preferred.
- Certification(s) from ATD or equivalent institutions
- Knowledge of standard training procedures and adult learning
- Graphic Design capabilities on creating video
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Intermediate skill with Microsoft Publisher and Visio.
- 2+ years of professional/related experience required.
Experience in facilitating training projects, specifically for
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (Paylocity) is a
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively at all
levels within the organization, including senior management.
- Competencies for Success
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written
communication skills. Be teamwork oriented with demonstrated
experience working in a collaborative team environment as well as
- Comfortable delivering constructive feedback to address
knowledge, skill, and performance gaps professionally and
appropriately. Ability to accept and apply feedback.
- Creative flare and strong presentation skills to engage
- Self-motivated with the demonstrated ability to perform
comfortably in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to
accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions.
- Confident in suggesting ideas and creating and implementing
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing work efficiently to meet
deadlines. Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks
Keywords: F&S Produce Company Inc, Vineland , TRAINING SPECIALIST, Hospitality & Tourism , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!