Facilities Manager - First Shift
Company: SP Industries, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SP Industries is seeking a Facility Manager for a one shift
operation responsible for planning, leading and performing highly
diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain
production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive
and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the
achievement of business goals and objectives of the facilities in
two locations (Vineland and Buena).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
- Plan activities, lead and manage maintenance technicians
assuring safety, quality and productivity targets are
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain
production machines and the plant facility's equipment at two
- Lead and manage external contractors as needed to maintain
production machines and the facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to,
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and
repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform
required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make
adjustments to complete resolution.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and
material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and plan
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
- Ensure compliance of Lockout-Tagout procedures.
- Risk management, which includes inclement weather planning and
preparedness; for example, snow and ice removal. EDUCATION,
EXPERIENCE & WORK SKILLS
- 2-5 Years of experience in a maintenance and facilities
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- AA degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial maintenance
- Prior experience working in a team oriented environment
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic,
pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and industrial skills with some
PLC experience and HVAC
- Vacuum and furnace
- Appropriate hand and eye coordination
- Ability to read blueprints
- Able to take initiative and work with very limited guidance or
- Ability to read and speak English
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and
adjust focus between near and far objects.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking,
bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 75
WORK ENVIORNMENT While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud. The work may be indoors and
/ or outdoors at times, including exposure to heat, hot and cold
temperatures and humidity among others. SP CULTURE As we continue
to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we
understand hiring the right people and treating them well is
critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join
the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality
scientific products that improve people lives.
- We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO
SP INDUSTRIES OFFERS We are proud to provide a comprehensive
benefits program focused on your total well-being.
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes:
Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help
you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement: SP is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment
on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal
employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees
and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance
with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status,
sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic
information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or
disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the
HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours. Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: SP will not discharge or
in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees
who have access to the compensation information of other employees
or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
Keywords: SP Industries, Inc., Vineland , Facilities Manager - First Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!