Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: November 13, 2023
Account Manager Covetrus Candidates must live within the
assigned territory or close proximity of the geographic area of
South Jersey/Jersey Shore, Atlantic City, Vineland, Mt. Laurel,
Tom's River. Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and
services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice
partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We're
bringing together products, services, and technology into a single
platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights
they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals
and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of
veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine,
with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers
around the globe. The Account Manager builds and maintains strong
customer relationships, serving as the primary "point of entry" for
Covetrus customers in a territory to ensure vet access to Covetrus
distributed brands, platforms, and technology services and drive
topline growth for the company. Requirements: Education: A minimum
of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Bachelor's
degree in business management or animal health science is
preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience
commensurate to fulfill all of the above duties and
responsibilities is acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience working in a veterinary or distribution
environment or prior sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in sales preferred.
- Account management experience as primary point of contact
preferred. COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Ability to understand and assimilate product knowledge and
technical materials related to sales.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, requiring little day-to-day
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships
with customers and internal partners.
- Must have ability to follow-through to solve customer
- Exhibits willingness to accept and incorporate feedback.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to travel daily and maintain a flexible work schedule
is essential. Must possess a valid drivers' license.
- Must live within assigned territory.
- Organization of call schedules, detail sheets, and delivery of
sales collateral. Responsibilities:
- Sells a range of Covetrus products and services through
in-person sales calls to veterinary professionals in an assigned
territory by regularly contacting all accounts.
- Maintains or exceeds monthly and annual territory sales targets
and projections. Grows territory sales and gross profit to meet
- Develops sales strategy to grow territory sales volume in
conjunction with Region Manager by reviewing sales reports, account
records, and trend information.
- Meets or exceeds goals for Gross Profit, Core, Agency,
Specialty/Compounding, Commercial Platform and other key product
- Successfully launch new products and other offerings by
achieving company, zone, or regional account penetration
- Improve the health of your business by having significant sales
across all key product categories, manufacturer partners, and the #
- Develops new accounts and grows existing account revenue/profit
by working closely with Inside Sales, New Business Technology
Sales, and other Covetrus teams as needed.
- Establishes a deep and wide strategy within all practices
(Total Practice Call) to build relationships and uncover new
selling or service opportunities.
- Serves as lead in helping customers manage and leverage
opportunities with our manufacturer partners as well as other
- Develops and maintains relationships with key channel partners
including quarterly business reviews, joint calls with clinics, and
obtains needed resources and support. Maintain key relationships
with support team, including - GPO, Compounding and Technology
sales team members.
- Creates and implements a call-cycle that allows consistent
account coverage and for you to develop and maintain relationships
with all viable accounts in territory.
- Closes on technology sales leads created and passed along by
New Business Technology Sales team.
- Works closely with Inside Sales and other internal departments
to develop, maintain, and service accounts in an effort to increase
- Leverage Practice Partners initiatives to be the solutions
provider to customers.
- Effectively uses available tools and reports to enhance
customer experience and call effectiveness
- Educates veterinarians and staff by detailing new
pharmaceuticals and equipment.
- Conducts onboarding of new customers in collaboration with
Professional Services and Support team.
- Strengthens customer relationships by coordinating with
customer care and technical support to resolve account issues or
- Provides expert insight for existing and new clients by
consulting and engaging technical sales specialists.
- Develops and implements an account call system to productively
manage accounts within a given territory.
- Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties
as assigned. This full-time position provides:
- Medical, dental, vision, and other insurance options
- 401(k) with company match
- Progressive Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Growth opportunities and more! Salary may vary depending on
factors such as confirmed job-related skills, experience, and
location. However, the base pay range for this position is as
follows. $51,800.00 - $96,200.00 We offer the following benefits
for you to take advantage of while you are here provided you meet
the eligibility requirements under each governing program: * 401k
savings & company match * Paid time off * Paid holidays * Maternity
leave * Parental leave * Military leave * Other leaves of absence *
Health, dental, and vision benefits * Health savings accounts *
Flexible spending accounts * Life & disability benefits * Identity
theft protection * Pet insurance * Sales positions include a
variable incentive plan * Certain positions may include eligibility
for a short term incentive plan Covetrus is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Covetrus, Vineland , Account Manager, Executive , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!