Posted on: August 4, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Manages Supervisors in multiple functions and/or shifts in the
warehouse by performing the following duties.
• Monitor, document and improve the procedures and KPI's related to
all aspects of product handling and customer service within a
grocery retail distribution center environment.
• Perform regular inspections of work areas to ensure compliance
with food safety, sanitation and occupational safety laws and
guidelines are followed. Insure Safety Training requirements are
• Assist in management responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws including interviewing,
hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
• Submit various required and defined reports on a timely
• Maintain operational procedures for verification of incoming and
outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of merchandise, and
keeping of warehouse inventory. Meet quality control standards for
• Developed and/or revise standard operational and working
practices. Observe workers to ensure compliance.
• Analyze staffing goals and workflow.
• Monitor progress towards goals. Provide reports.
• Ensure Picklines and Stocking areas updated on documented
• Provide safe work environment through personal actions. Identify
and safety concerns as well as cost saving opportunities.
• Communicate effectively with customer.
• Review and adjust WMS for tracked hours, job code approvals and
• Review WMS against associate roster and adjust accordingly.
• Provide KPI, downtime and customer specific reporting.
• Labor planning and overtime for all shifts.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Three
years supervisory experience. Associate's Degree (A.A.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Analytical ability.
• Ability to manage effectively supervisors and employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to
contribute experience, skills and wisdom to subordinate employees
for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to
seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, customer interfacing skills
and be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the
ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving
and receiving instructions.
• Knowledge of Union environment.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high
sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Vineland , Manager, Warehouse, Executive , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!