Manager, Compensation and Benefits
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharmaceutical and
healthcare industries. With its specialty glass and plastic
products, the company contributes to health and well-being with
production operations in 40 locations around the world.
Gerresheimer's product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging
and products for the safe, simple administration of medicines, such
as insulin pens, in- halers, pre-fillable syringes, injection
vials, ampoules, bottles and containers for liquid and solid
medicines with closure and safety systems as well as packaging for
the cosmetics industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive
Consideration for this position will be made without regard to age,
gender, religion, national origin, veteran's status, disability or
other protected class.
The Manager, Compensation and Benefits, is responsible for the
overall design, implementation, communication, and administration
of United States compensation programs; including development and
implementation of new and revised benefit programs, policies,
procedures, in order to be responsive to the Company's goals and
competitive practices. This position is responsible for ensuring
that base compensation, incentive schemes, health and welfare, and
retirement plans are market competitive; as well as appropriately
sized given the Company's financial targets, and provide value and
security to colleagues. The Manager, Compensation and Benefits,
ensures through audits, reports and personal contact, that
compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance
with company policies and government regulations.
Supervises one or more team members. Supervisor responsibilities
include, but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring/terminating,
training and developing employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; act as a mentor; appraising performance; taking
disciplinary action; and, addressing employee complaints and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute a multi-year comprehensive compensation
strategy that incorporates a focus on managing costs, effective
portfolio management with return on investment, and a high
perceived employee value. Act as the key subject matter expert in
the compensation area for senior Human Resources team.
- Benchmark all compensation programs and recommends compensation
structures and plans to ensure internal equity and market
- Manage the compensation cycle, including completion of a
balanced portfolio of surveys, annual benchmarking, and creation of
- Responsible for the development, implementation and
administration of the Company wide Group Medical Insurance,
Prescription Drug program, Dental and Vision coverage, the Company
paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance,
HIPAA Compliance, Short Term and Long Term Disability programs, the
Flexible Spending Accounts, and Employee Assistance programs for
all active (union and non-union) employees.
- Liaise with Broker of Record as to administration of the
benefits programs, and the annual bid process of various benefit
- Collaborate with Broker of Record, negotiate, manage and
administer vendor relationships, contracts, and monitor vendor
- Responsible for the administration of the Company's Retirement
programs: Defined Benefit Plans, and Defined Contributions plans,
for all Union and Non-union employees.
- Responsible for the administration of the Retiree Group Health
Insurance and Life Insurance for any eligible (union and non-union)
- Responsible for the administration of Union Benefit
- Responsible for various communications such as: Group Insurance
Benefit Guides, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summary of Benefit
Coverages, Summary Annual Reports, Summary of Material
Modifications, Annual Funding Notice and various Benefit articles
and mandated notifications that are to be distributed to active
employees, and retirees.
- Lead and implement strategic employee communications regarding
benefit updates/enrollment materials.
- Ensure that all Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions,
Summary of Benefit Coverages, and Summary of Material Modifications
meet ERISA requirements and comply with Federal Regulations. Ensure
that all Plan filings (Annual 5500, PBC, Restatement of Plan
Documents, etc.) meet Federal mandates.
- Work closely with the Company's Actuarial Service provider with
regard to the annual Pension Valuation process. Work closely with
Auditors regarding compliance testing of Retirement plans on an
- Work closely with the Company's Benefit Attorneys regarding
plan compliance issues and amendments needed for Plan
- Develops written proposals and makes recommendations to
Employee Benefits Committee regarding Retiree and Active employee
Welfare Benefit issues and programs. Coordinate periodic meetings
of the Committee.
- Oversee the Non-Discrimination annual 401(k) testing with
401(k) provider/record keeper.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations and performs job in a
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in Business, Finance, Human
Resources or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years compensation administration experience; and 6
to 9 years total rewards management experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge of benefit plans and practices as
well as legislative and legal awareness.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative. High
degree of integrity. Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Ability to meet stringent deadlines. Self starter, able to work
with minimal supervision and work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS rules related to
compensaiton and benefits, FMLA, PPACA, and other legislation,
rules and regulations.
- Values - Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Innovation &
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to handle pressure of time constraints in meeting
- Detail oriented, Strong organizational skills
- Dependable, punctual and attentive
- Good organizational skills
- Competent and conscientious
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Normal administration related physical demands.
Keywords: Gerresheimer, Vineland , Manager, Compensation and Benefits, Executive , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!