Assistant Director, Foundation & Alumni Relations
Company: Inside Higher Ed
Posted on: April 4, 2021
The Assistant Director, Foundation and Alumni Relations supports
the college's mission and strategic initiatives under the direction
of the Director of Foundation, performs a variety of administrative
and advanced clerical duties to assist in planning, organizing, and
implementation of activities for Foundation, Scholarships, and
Alumni events. This position requires direct contact with students
and College Alumni.Examples of Duties:
- Assists in the coordination and facilitation of annual events,
both on and off-campus, including booking of event space,
compilation and management of guest lists, arranges food and
beverage and other catering service's needs, orders supplies &
audiovisual equipment, makes travel arrangements, orders event
signs and ensure appropriate dcor (i.e. floral, linens, color
schemes); post event tear-down.
- Manages and maintains multiple databases regarding confidential
student and financial information to ensure accurate record keeping
and financial knowledge of RCSJ students.
- Plans and executes the annual President's Scholarship Reception
including script, invitations, program flow, and event
- Works closely with the Director on matters related to
scholarship finances including gift receipts, billing, etc.
- Serves as the liaison to the RCSJ Cumberland Alumni
Association, coordinating and attending all Alumni meetings and
- Coordinates Distinguished Alumni Gallery nomination and
- Works with Communications & Marketing Department to develop
invitations, programs, publications, and press releases related to
- Manages the Alumni Association social media and assists
Communications & Marketing Department with the upkeep of
- Work closely with Enrollment Services and Institutional
Research departments to identify alumni, obtain and maintain
current contact information for Alumni, and survey Alumni
- Acts as scholarship liaison to multiple departments including
Bursar, Financial Aid, Finance, etc.
- Assists current and potential RCSJ students, as well as high
school contacts, with scholarship inquiries.
- Works with the Director, Foundation & Alumni to establish new
and broader donations with potential and current donors; assists
with post gift stewardship activities.
- Assists with School Counts! Scholarship program activities and
- Attends events on and off-campus, including during the weekends
- Performs other duties, as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Advancement/Business/Fundraising/Marketing
or a related field.
- Five (5) years of related event planning and/or foundation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with database management
- Working knowledge of Social Media to enhance the department's
communications and marketing strategies
- Self-starter with the ability to come up with new ideas to keep
the college, donors and community engaged in raising money for
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with varied hours to meet
department and College needs
- Possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively
with prospective and current students, staff, faculty,
administration, and colleagues and community partners
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and
understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a
commitment to a student-centered environment
Keywords: Inside Higher Ed, Vineland , Assistant Director, Foundation & Alumni Relations, Executive , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!