Section Engineer - PHI
Company: Exelon Corporation
Location: Mays Landing
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Description We're powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we're calling all
problem solvers, innovators, community builders and change makers.
Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and
communities stronger, healthier and more resilient.
We're powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in
being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation,
integrity and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company,
19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at
six energy companies -- Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas
and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power &
Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices,
fresh perspectives and bold thinking. And since we know
transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide
competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits and the
opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams of employees or contractors in studies,
plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design
documents, integrated systems analysis, associated with the
testing, commissioning, planning, design, licensing, construction,
operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation,
transmission, distribution, gas, telecommunication, P&C
communication, facilities/systems. Provides consultation and
recommendations to the Company within and to other business units
and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned
systems, processes, equipment, or facilities. Acts as recognized
technical authority in a specialized engineering area which may
involve witnessing of Factory Acceptance Tests. Position may be
required to work extended hours for coverage during storms or other
energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads highly technical consultation and training through
OJT/OJE (may include some class room instruction as well) on highly
complex and unique technical areas requiring the application of
advanced engineering principles and may require advanced knowledge
of complex analog and digital field test equipment. -
- Evaluates complex technical issues that require highly
specialized knowledge in very specific areas and recommends actions
or programs for their resolution which may necessitate the
review/evaluation of engineering design documents. -
- Leads the work activities of project teams and others on the
implementation of large specialized technical projects and/or
programs in order to develop studies, proposals, commissioning
plans to support safely energizing and placing major utility and
customer systems and equipment On System. -
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees
to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in area of
company interest. -
- Participates in department/project management planning, and
monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Acts as an expert witness and provide expert opinions for
internal committees. -
- Highly influential on strategic management decisions that can
have a major impact on the company.
- Support/Lead employees and or contractors in the execution of
plans developed to initially energize utility or customer
equipment/systems and placed On System.
- Set direction for the organization in regards to technical
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work
environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline with at least 7
years of professional engineering experience. (1) (3) (See
- Completed Assignments and Projects showing evidence
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and
- Advanced knowledge and experience with regulations, guides,
standards, codes, methods, practices, and advanced engineering
- Advanced knowledge of latest technologies necessary to perform
a variety of specialized unique or complex assignments for various
installation types of services.
- *Note: there are a limited number of personnel available in the
industry with the required knowledge, ability and experience. (1)
Master's degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience
requirement by 1 year. (2) License must be issued by the state in
which you are practicing. (3) PE License reduces the OJT experience
requirement by 1 year.
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the
maximum experience requirement reduction is one (1) year (e.g., in
the case of an employee with both a master's degree in Engineering
AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be
reduced by one (1) year.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate with all management levels.
- Project Management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the work activity of
- Master of Science degree in Engineering (1) or Licensed
Professional Engineer (2) (3) Industry expert who participates or
leads industry committee or working groups or has published
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Vineland , Section Engineer - PHI, Engineering , Mays Landing, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!