Company: SP Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2022
SP Industries is expanding our team and have immediate opening
for a Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will be responsible
for improving the quality of products and processes of the business
and increasing production output in the Vineland, NJ facility. The
ideal candidate will be very hands-on, have a trained eye for
detail and possess in-depth knowledge and comprehension of quality
standards. The Quality Engineer is also responsible for the
creation of documentation that reports issues and errors relating
to the production processes with actions in place to find a
solution.WHAT WE OFFER:
- Enjoy a steady work schedule Monday thru Friday with generous
time off and 10 paid holidays throughout the year.
- Opportunities for advancement for those that are up for a
- Build your skills while working with state-of-the-art
- Plan for your future with a generous 401k package and benefits
to meet all your needs.
- On the job training!
- Competitive compensation package.
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes:
Life, Health, Dental, Vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Maintain the ISO standards for the company (9001:2015).
- Maintain and update the Quality Manual and Quality Management
- Address customer issues.
- Maintain the RMA tracking system.
- Calibrating gauges and tracking calibrations.
- Managing the quality software systems and database.
- Managing the quality inspection equipment.
- Upgrading the quality measurement technology and
- Perform RCA and complete CAPA reports with action plans.
Collect, analyze and summarize data. Implement quality measures and
perform validations. Develop recommendations, solutions and
- Perform detailed quality inspection of incoming products and
- Perform process capability studies.
- Have a high proficiency in computer technology and systems
- Possess basic knowledge of operating measurement equipment
(CMM, IM, e.g.).
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and
management, both internal and external.
- Able to work independently from general supervision. Must be
self-motivated once given direction, guidance or tasks.
- Able lead diverse interdisciplinary teams in troubleshooting
root causes and developing corrective actions with validation
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related
work experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing
environment. M.S. degree is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications and
know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- GD&T trained.
- Six Sigma or similar certification preferred.
- ASQ certification preferred.
- Ability to check for workmanship, dimensional specifications
(geometric dimensioning and tolerances) and measurement
- Ability to perform inspection-related measurements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Quality Management System software experience and knowledge a
- Able to perform in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, both
in a team setting and as an individual performer.
- Familiarity with and able to use statistical analysis to deduce
and solve problems.WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment characteristics described here are typical
of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential
functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery and high
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing
protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air
conditioned. SP CULTURE:As we continue to grow and provide leading
edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right
people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are
many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high-quality
scientific products that improve people's lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team's expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaborative work
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO!
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually
impaired if necessary.EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:SP is an
Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative
action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy
to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment
opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry,
national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification,
sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief,
pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran
or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's
Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and
may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision:SP will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
Keywords: SP Industries, Inc., Vineland , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!