Set up Mechanic
Posted on: April 10, 2021
SET UP MECHANIC
Actively Hiring - Immediate Opening
Hours: full-time position.
Competitive pay & benefits: paid overtime, health, dental, vision,
paid time off, 401k with match---and more!
"Come Build a Career with our Growing, Fast-Paced, Customer-Focused
Company that fostersTraining and Professional Development!"
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
"Quality & Safety are Top Comar Priorities"
Set up and consistently maintain machines to ensure that they
operate in a safe and efficient manner. Install/remove tooling.
Perform basic preventive maintenance on machines.
- Remove mold and auxiliary equipment from press and return
equipment to proper location. Set next mold, locate and fasten on
press, adjust by shimming, set ejection, set pins, set and adjust
to prescribed pressures, stroke, and temperatures, change piping as
required. Sample parts visually as well as dimensionally.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to specifications or
from instructions of supervisor. Use all available setup records as
a guide to machine setup in relation to machine cycles, temperature
- Setup and prepare auxiliary equipment such as temperature
controllers, conveyors, grinders, material handling systems, and
- Report to supervisor any setups that cannot be run in
accordance with prescribed methods.
- Have machine in operation and producing acceptable parts,
checked by inspection, before releasing for Quality approval.
- Acknowledge and correct molding difficulties. Report to
supervisor all problems and difficulties with molding process.
- Locate, transport, install and store molds in accordance with
established guidelines. Prepare auxiliary and second support
equipment as required at the press.
- Monitor presses and alarms and troubleshoot issues.
- Follows proper setup checks and floor operation
- Trouble shoot the manufacturing process to diagnose and resolve
anticipated or actual manufacturing problems that may affect
- Monitor and Maintain Quality of produced parts.
- Clean molds.
- Verify documents and logs are accurate and completed in a
Safety and Cleanliness
"We have put in place Covid-19 practices for our employees'
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, safety procedures and
follow 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment and report any
unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Wear company issued REQUIRED personal protective equipment
(PPE) for an ISO 13485 and GMP compliant facility.
Set-Up Mechanic levels:
- Trainee: Must be in set-up training program for three years
with passable reviews every 4 months.
- "C" Set-Up: Must be in set-up training program for one
- "B" Set-Up: Must be in set-up training program for one
- "A" Set-Up: Training program completed. Competently performs
essential duties & responsibilities.
- Lead Set-up: Oversee trainings of Set-Up Trainees / Set-Up
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
"A Comar employee who will represent the customer and be the
Do You Have---?
- High School diploma or GED.
- Understanding of the operating characteristics and capabilities
of all manufacturing machinery, equipment, and controls including
plastic injection molding machine, cranes, various hand tools,
temperature controllers, drill press, pick and place robots.
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead cranes or ability
to be trained and quickly become efficient. (depending on set up
- Knowledge of plastic resins, mold setup and functions of an
injection molding press.
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Forklift certification
(dependent on set up mechanic level).
- Perform set-up for new molds and highly complex molds as
- Communicate /present information to individuals or small
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units. Compute rate,
Do you have the Physical Stamina to---?
- Stand and walk for most of the work shift.
- Regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift
and/or move more than 50 pounds with proper gear or equipment.
- Occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
- Use close vision.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and generally works in
a clean manufacturing environment that meets Pharmaceutical
Customer GMP requirements. The noise level in the work environment
is usually loud.
Keywords: Comar, Vineland , Set up Mechanic, Engineering , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!