Process Engineering Leader - Finishing
Company: Corning Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions.
Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science,
ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep
manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop
category-defining products that transform industries and enhance
people's lives. Corning Valor--- Glass is an example of a
life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect
injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in
pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber
glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials,
cartridges, ampules and syringes. Scope of Position: We are seeking
an experienced engineer to provide support in Development,
Engineering, and Manufacturing in finishing in tube manufacturing.
In this role, you will help in developing and executing tube
finishing and handling strategies, lead process improvement and
equipment reliability projects, and act as an authority for
consultation, as well as work between research, development and
operations in a collaborative environment. Day to Day
- Work will include technical and leadership functions in project
and process activities related to tube finishing
- Collaborate with the different plant locations to understand
current state and issues, identify and implement new opportunities
in finishing for throughput improvement and improved equipment
- The ability to work in a team-based environment, build high
performing teams and also be able to participate as an individual
- Provide direction to teams or individuals and drive equipment
and process improvement
- Build expertise with the specific manufacturing equipment and
processes on the finishing end of the tube manufacturing
- The ability to lead technical projects and use project
management best practices to solve technical and business
- Work with plant and division engineering on process improvement
opportunities to lead and support project teams--
- Use previous experience in identifying new opportunities and
- Pull in other divisions or corporate resources as needed.
- Mentoring, training, and growing junior team members to
continue to build the finishing competencies in the division.
Develop and maintain talent matrix for the finishing and cold end
competencies Travel Requirements:
- 25% travel, including some global travel as needed. Hours of
- Standard business hours; Monday - Friday.
- May need to support off shift as needed for 24/7 manufacturing
and attend global meetings in different time zones. Required
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field required. Required
Years and Area of Experience:
- 5 - 7+ years experience with mechanical equipment within a
manufacturing environment. Required Skills:
- Ability to work in a plant environment and work with all levels
of the organization.
- Ability to coach and lead others.
- Strong equipment background.--
- Ability to apply skills to solve process challenges.
- Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Flexibility - Able to change and adjust smoothly as the
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with process and data analysis including DMAIC, MEE,
PEx and other problem-solving methodologies. Desired Experience /
Qualifications / Skills:
- Master's or PhD in engineering or Science is preferred
(mechanical is a plus)
- Prefer expert level experience in tube handling and
- Experience building strategies and setting direction for an
organization. Soft Skills:
- Innovative and technically curious.
- Results oriented and high commitment level.
- Effective communication & presentation skills (verbal and
- Ability to build, lead and work on a diverse project team.
- Ability to build new business relationships.
- Ability to build relationships and drive decisions with all
levels of the organization. This position does not support
immigration sponsorship. We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status
or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination
on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected
status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Corning Inc., Vineland , Process Engineering Leader - Finishing, Engineering , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!