Assistant Financial Controller
Company: UGSI Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: July 27, 2022
UGSI Solutions, Inc. ("UGSI"), through its operating subsidiaries,
is an industry leader in water related technologies and
infrastructure; with a particular emphasis in the chemical feed and
disinfection areas of water and wastewater treatment.
The water and wastewater treatment market is one of the most
exciting areas for sales and engineering professionals. The U.S.
EPA and the American Society for Civil Engineers estimate that
required rehabilitation and improvements to the existing U.S. water
infrastructure will require anywhere from $300 billion to over $500
billion over the next 20 years.
-UGSI is a portfolio company of Baird Capital. Baird Capital
manages two investment platforms: Global Private Equity and U.S.
Venture Capital and makes investments in B2B technology &
services-focused companies around the world. Having invested in 335
companies over its history, Baird Capital partners with
entrepreneurs and, leveraging its executive networks, strives to
build exceptional companies. Baird Capital provides operational
support to its portfolio companies through teams on the ground in
the United States, Europe and Asia, a proactive portfolio
operations team and a deep network of relationships, which together
strive to deliver enhanced shareholder value. Baird Capital is the
direct private investment arm of Robert W. Baird & Co. For more
information, please visit -BairdCapital.com.
Financial Assistant Controller
UGSI is seeking a full-time Financial Assistant Controller to be
located at its office in Vineland, New Jersey. This position will
report to the Vice President & Director of Finance and will be
responsible for significant portions of the accounting cycles as
well as all forecasting operations including, but not limited to,
budgeting, project accounting, job costing and inventory valuation,
financial reporting and sales and use tax filings. This position
will be involved with forecasting and budgeting, supporting annual
audits, and assisting with the financial consolidation.
-Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and
financial forecasts and report variances company wide.
- Assist in the managing of month-end and year-end close
- Execute all project accounting functions including management
and preparation of the percentage completion schedules for all
subsidiaries. Work closely with the project management function to
build timely and accurate cost, revenue and billing
- Key member in developing and implementing sales and use tax
software to manage and comply with state, and federal government
reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules, and collecting,
analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing
variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare specialized reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Prepare short- and medium-term cash forecasts and communicate
working capital matters to the Director of Finance and subsidiary
General Managers as needed.
- Analyze and oversee reconciliation of key risk accounts
involving significant judgment, including, but not limited to,
project accruals, warranty reserves, inventory reserves and bad
- Support the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting
packages, including operational and financial reports and analysis,
plus support and insight into the forecasting and budgeting
processes as needed.
- Prepare monthly account trend analysis and investigate
irregularities or trends.
- Coordinate workpaper preparation for the annual audit, and
support other external audits required for insurance and banking
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting and external financial
reporting requirements for privately held companies.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Microsoft Office.
- Experience within a fast paced and growing company, with the
ability to handle multiple concurrent responsibilities.
- Experience with percentage completion accounting.
- Five or more years of experience in a supervisory
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CMA.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics software or similar mid-tier
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to look at computer monitors for much of the
- Office Setting.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume when responding to
this advertisement. No phone calls, please.
UGSI Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers supporting workforce diversity - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, religion, national origin, ancestry,
sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or medical
Keywords: UGSI Solutions, Inc., Vineland , Assistant Financial Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!