Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Machine Controls Engineer
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharmaceutical and
healthcare industries. With its specialty glass and plastic
products, the company contributes to health and well-being with
production operations in 40 locations around the world. With close
to $2 billion in revenue and 10,000 employees, Gerresheimer's
product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products
for the safe, simple administration of medicines, such as insulin
pens, in- halers, pre-fillable syringes, injection vials, ampoules,
bottles and containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure
and safety systems as well as packaging for the cosmetics industry.
The business is organized into three divisions: Plastics and
Devices, Advanced Technologies, and Primary Packaging Glass.
Gerresheimer Glass Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and
markets various glass products for pharmaceutical, biotechnology,
and scientific research markets. It offers pharmaceutical serum
bottles, screw thread bottles, molded bottles, pharmaceutical
packaging, laboratory glassware, glass tubing, and rod products. In
addition, the company offers ampoules, cartridges, vials, molded
bottles, and specialty glass products. The company was formerly
known as Kimble Glass, Inc. and changed its name to Gerresheimer
Glass, Inc. in April 2007. The company was founded in 1901 and is
based in Vineland, New Jersey. Gerresheimer Glass Inc. operates as
a subsidiary of Gerresheimer AG.
Reports to the Senior Director of Engineering and is responsible
for performing core design, creation & development of software
utilized to control equipment and inspection systems. Individuals
working at this level are fully competent within a specific
discipline, manage projects within an established program and
require little technical guidance from others.
- Support and advise engineering group with hardware selection to
insure that selected hardware will be able integrate with software
- Create software systems to primarily be used in a manufacturing
environment. Software system will integrate hardware and software
components, manipulate and output data as required and provides
user interface to be used by factory operator and engineering.
- Structures project activity to meet Performance, Spending and
- Support factory with troubleshooting and setup of installed and
operational inspection system.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and
self-manage time to insure that project timelines are
- Supports GMS initiative through team participation
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering degree
- 10yrs experience in machine controls related to manufacturing
industry (consider 5 years with strong work record)
- Proficient in computer hardware interfacing and computer user
- Proficient with with PLC's and HMI's software development
(Allen Bradley/Siemens/Direct Logic)
- Familiarity with Ethernet networking and ModBus serial
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply the Gerresheimer
- Capable of autonomous work in professional business
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to handle pressure of time constraints in meeting
- Detail oriented, Strong organizational skills.
Keywords: Gerresheimer, Vineland , Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Machine Controls Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Vineland, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!